We all know that we’re living in a digital age. It’s all about Facebook, Instagram and email marketing these days. But that’s exactly the reason why a little offline marketing might be able to help you get ahead!
How many emails do you get a day? Lots! How many handwritten notes do you receive a day? My guess is not very many! So which would be more likely to get your attention right now?
So, I’ve come up with a list of 20 offline marketing ideas that might set you apart from your competitors, whilst everybody else is busy working on their e-newsletters!
- Flyers in tack shops/equestrian centres
- Have a stand at a local show
- Have a stand at an equestrian boot sale
- Sponsor a class at a local show
- Sponsor a rider
- Get in touch with local livery yards
- Put your photos/products in local tack shops
- Collaborate with other local businesses
- Wear branded clothing
- Brand your car
- Give out branded gifts
- Implement a referral scheme
- Swap special offers with other businesses
- Advertise in magazines
- Write for magazines
- Attend networking events
- Send seasonal cards or hand-written notes
- Write a press release
- Donate to charity events
- Send cupcakes/brownies/product samples/gifts to the people you want to work with
These should be a good starting point for you to begin thinking about what you can be doing offline, to compliment and strengthen your online efforts.
But I’m sure there are tonnes more. If you’ve got any other offline marketing ideas, I’d love to see them in the comments below.
I look forward to seeing you back here for next week’s FYI Friday!